Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Well today would have been my Mom's 69th birthday. She has been with the Lord for 8 years already. Sometimes I can't believe that it's been that long and then other times it feels like it's been forever...

I just wanted to share a few random thoughts about her.

-She was a Southern girl from Miami, Florida
-My Dad and her went to school together and she did not like him, my Dad was mean to her brother. Her heart finally softened towards him when she was 28 and then they married
-She wanted a dozen of children, however she could never get pregnant. They adopted my brother when she 33 and me when she was 36.
-She always told us that we were special because we were hand picked :)
-When I was a teenager, we both were passionate and fought about everything. I wanted freedom she wanted me to never grow up. The wedding was real hard for her. She was not real happy about Alex taking me away from her. She secretly liked him!
-She wanted me to have a dozen grand children for her, and she told me they could all live with her.
-Kids at church affectionatley called her "The Gum Lady", the price was always a hug for a piece of gum.

Anyways I do miss her I know she would have been smitten with her grandchildren. Joshua is the oldest and he was 15 months when she died.

We keep her memory alive with our children by showing them pictures, telling them stories and telling them how much she would have spoiled them rotten :)

Anyways, just wanted to share a little bit of me

4 comments:

Suzy J said...

thank you for sharing this...

Jana said...

I am glad that you shared about your mom. makes me think about my dad. See you tomorrow...
Jana

freeman said...

Thanks for sharing..Kara

freeman said...

thanks for sharing...your right she would have loved her grandchildren. She is probably in heaven right now saying "Where's the other eight"...Kara